|Supported by OpenApps API:
|Supported by Internal/Reseller API:
|Possibly queued processing:
This function is designed to return one or more URLs from root domain or subdomain. This function is also the only guaranteed way to check if a URL is present in index because GetIndexItemInfo only works with a limited number of URLs with high enough number of backlinks or referring domains.
Calls to this function will result in usage of the following subscription resources:
AnalysisResUnits will be reduced by GetTopPagesAnalysisResUnitsCost reported by GetSubscriptionInfo. Note: this function is fixed cost per call and it supports batching of large number of query items - use it to obtain data efficiently.
RetrievalResUnits will be reduced by actual number of returned rows of data.
This function accepts the following parameters:
Required: must be set to: GetTopPages
Optional - defaults to historic
Either: "fresh" - to query against fresh index, or "historic" - to query against historic index.
Required: query string that one of the following:
- Root domain such as: example.com
- Sub domain such as: www.example.com
- URL such as: http://www.example.com - in this case only this specific URL will be checked
Optional: controls how many URLs a given root domain or subdomain should be returned.
Optional: Setting to 1 will activate prefix mode.
This operates like the "Path ( URL* )" functionality in Majestic Site Explorer on the majestic.com website.
This commands will check if real time querying of given item is possible, if that's not the case then RealTimePrefixQueryNotPossible error code will be returned.
See also Get Prefix Query Estimate
Matches data table will have the following variables:
- SearchResultCode: 0 - found data, 1 - not found (domain can be wrong or otherwise no data in index)
- TotalMatches: total number of matches in index (same as IndexedURLs returned by GetIndexItemInfo)
Data is returned back in tabled named Matches with columns as follows:
- ACRank - ACRank value of the URL
- URL - URL from root domain or subdomain
- Title - title of the page if it was crawled (FlagPageData set to True) or same value as URL
- Date - last crawl date if FlagPageData is True, or first found backlink date otherwise.
- FlagPageData - True if the URL was crawled, False otherwise
- FlagRedirect - True if the URL was found to be redirecting elsewhere on crawl, False otherwise
- FlagFrames - True if this URL is part of frameset (experimental)
- ExtBackLinks - number of external backlinks pointing to this URL
- RefDomains - number of referring domains pointing to this URL
- RefIPs - number of referring IP addresses pointing to this URL
- RefSubNets - number of referring IP Class C subnets pointing to this URL
- LastCrawlResult - describes the response from attempting to crawl the page
- FinalRedirectResult - describes the response from attempting to crawl the page after all redirects are followed
- RedirectTo - (optional) the initial redirect location
- Citation Flow - Citation Flow of this URL
- Trust Flow - Trust Flow of this URL
- Topical Trust Flow - Topical Trust Flow Categories for this URL, currently only available in the Fresh Index
DomainInfo table shows additional information on queried domain, specifically:
- Domain - domain in question
- Found - true if domain was found, false otherwise
- SubDomains - number of subdomains on that domain
- Pages - number of crawled URLs on that domain
- Links - number of links (not yet crawled URLs on that domain)
- TotalBackLinks - total number of backlinks
- ExtBackLinks - external backlinks
- RefDomains - referring domains
- FlagRedirects - number of backlinks marked as redirects
- FlagFrames - number of backlinks marked as frames
- FlagImages - number of backlinks marked as images
- FlagNoFollow - number of backlinks marked as nofollow
- FlagOldCrawl - number of backlinks marked as deleted (found removed upon recrawl)
- PriceTableName - legacy reference, should not be used
- TotalMentions - total number of mentions (see Glossary on Majestic site )
- MentionDomains - total number of mention domains
- PriceChartName - legacy reference, should not be used
- RefIPs - number of referring IPs
- RefSubNets - number of referring C class subnets
- RefDomainsWorld_EDU - number of referring .EDU/.AC/.EDU.xx domains
- RefDomainsUSA_EDU - number of exact .EDU domains
- RefDomainsWorld_GOV - number of referring .GOV/.MIL/.GOV.xx domains
- RefDomainsUSA_GOV - number of referring .GOV/.MIL domains
- RefLinksWorld_EDU - number of referring .EDU/.AC/.EDU.xx links
- RefLinksUSA_EDU - number of exact .EDU links
- RefLinksWorld_GOV - number of referring .GOV/.MIL/.GOV.xx links
- RefLinksUSA_GOV - number of referring .GOV/.MIL links