OpenApps is a way to connect a Majestic subscription to third party applications. Making your applications available to Majestic users through OpenApps is as easy as registering your application with us and then receiving a unique authentication URL that users can use to connect their accounts to your application with one click. Majestic subscribers with any level of paid subscription are able to connect to OpenApps applications.
shows how to create applications using OpenApps and how to easily connect accounts to these third party applications.
To create an application using our OpenApps option you'll need API access. API access is included in all of our Platinum and above subscriptions. If you're not a current subscriber at this level please purchase a Platinum subscription here or contact us to discuss alternative routes to API access. Developers are responsible for providing support for their applications.
A possible starting point for developers is our example open app, available at http://openapp-example.majesticseo.com/
How To Create an OpenApps Application
- Log in to your Majestic account.
- Go to your account details and select the OpenApps tab.
- Instantly register your application by clicking the link to register a new application. You’ll need to provide the name of the application, the name of the publisher, a public support page and agree to the terms and conditions. This option will not be visible if you do not currently have API access.
Your application has now been approved. The instructions that follow will allow you to connect your account to your newly created application and will mirror the process your users will follow to connect their accounts to your finished application.
- Refresh your OpenApps page and then copy and paste the provided link into your browser to link your account with your newly registered application. This will be the same public URL you will need to provide to the users of your application to link their account resources to the application.
- Confirm that you would like this application to have access to your account. Your users will link their accounts to your application in the same way, by following the provided link to this confirmation page.
- Once you grant an application access, a unique access token is generated. Users of your application must generate and input their own unique access token to link their account to the application they’ve just granted access to.
- Failure to make your application’s public URL available to users will leave them unable to connect their account to your application
- Users must generate their own access tokens for use in OpenApps applications. If a developer’s access token is shared with users account resources will be deducted from the developer’s account rather than the user’s
- Users with free accounts will not be able to connect their account resources through OpenApps
- Use of OpenApps applications will draw from a user's account resources. These applications should be designed to prevent unreasonable or impractical resource demands for their users
Please Note: Use of Majestic site or Subscription is subject to terms and conditions published on the Majestic website.